J. Brooks x Utah Refugee Connection
We are very proud to partner with the Utah Refugee Connection, local Utah charity who help support refugees in developing self-sufficient and fulfilling lives.
During this Mother's Day celebration, we will be donating a percentage of all proceeds to the Utah Refugee Connection, in order to specifically help struggling mothers during this time.
Refugees in Utah
There are approximately 65,000 refugees living in Utah, of which come from over 40+ countries, and speak 20+ languages.
In the past decade, Utah has welcomed over 1,100 refugees each year. In 2017, the number dropped to 300.
The largest groups of refugees are Iraqi, Bosnian, Somali and Sudanese.
About the Utah Refugee Connection
"Create meaningful connections between refugees, the community, and public and private organizations which support refugees in developing self-sufficient and fulfilling lives."
In 2019, the Utah Refugee Connection:
- Served 15,012 refugees by their local sharehouse
- Collection $800,000+ donations & distributed them through their sharehouse
- Had over 1,000 people attend monthly culture nights to learn about local refugees
- Their "Serve Refugee" registry through Amazon fulfilled $56,326 in items benefiting local refugees
- Provided over 2,500 backpacks & school supplies for elementary and secondary refugee students
- Served over 1,000 refugees during the holidays
- Hosted several holiday events to help refugees understand American cultural traditions and encourage interaction with the general community. Over 1,000 refugees benefited from these events.
See their website to learn more about the incredible work they do: